Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What's Cooking Wednesday | Sage, Bean, and Spinach Soup

 
You guys are going to like this week's recipe.  (That is, if you like soup.  With pasta.  And beans.)  It is SO EASY, so tasty, and so perfect for dinner on a cold winter day.

Also, not to brag or anything, but I completely invented this recipe myself, based on ingredients that I had on hand.  I must say, I was very, very pleased with the results.  Even E loved it!

And did I mention, it is really really easy to make? 

What You Need:

  • 2 onions, chopped (I used one white/one red)
  • 5 cups chicken broth
  • 4 cups beans (Any kind will work, but I think red or white beans would taste best in this soup.  Also, make sure you rinse them if using canned, otherwise your soup will be super salty.)
  • 5 cloves of garlic, diced
  • 2 TBSP sage, chopped (I used sage left over from my garden, that I had frozen in olive oil)
  • 1 cup spinach, chopped
  • 1 cup pasta (I used whole-wheat rotini)

What To Do:

Combine all ingredients, except for the pasta, in your crock pot.   




Cook 4 hours on high, or 6-8 on low.

Then, add your pasta during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
 

Voila! Dinner is served. :-)



1 comment: