Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesday | Vacation

Toddle Along... Wednesday?  I was so busy yesterday that I completely forgot it was Tuesday.  Oops.  Which segues nicely into this week's topic... Vacations. 

I need one.

S and I have not been on vacation since before E was born.  Sure, we have road-tripped to visit my family, but that hardly counts as a vacation, especially since we are busy every second during said visits, trying to cram in time with everyone!

The last vacation S and I took was four months before E was born.  We took a trip to the east coast to Virginia and Washington, D.C.  It was a great trip, and S and I had a blast exploring all kinds of historic landmarks, museums, and of course, the White House and U.S. Capitol.  We even found time to visit the beach.  All in all, it was a great trip, and it was nice to have that time together before E was born.

S and I have been talking recently about taking a vacation, we just aren't sure when it could happen or how we could afford it.  With S doing his medical student rotations, he works 6-7 days per week at the hospital most weeks.  We are lucky to be able to plan a trip to the grocery story together, much less a vacation to a more exotic locale.  Oh, and then there's the whole we-have-no-money thing...

So for now, I will just dream of sandy beaches and cool ocean breezes, until the day comes when we can visit one again.


No comments:

Post a Comment